Call for Submissions
|Organization||Cut and Run||
|Address||coming to a city near you, San Francisco Based, CA, United States|
|Start||January 19, 2011|
|End||April 7, 2011|
Announcing Cut and Run’s 2011 Experimental European Tour – Call for Submissions – Call for Venue Proposals
Cut and Run began in early 2009 in San Francisco, as a single screening event at Artists’ Television Access. It has since evolved into an annual traveling film festival featuring Experimental and Avant-Garde cinema, featuring contemporary and past works.
C + R celebrates works that deviate from mainstream and traditional cinema, and opt towards authentic, brave, challenging, stylized, alternative and imagined subjects. The call for submissions has no direct set theme. The program themes develop around the sense we make of the selected works, as well as individual sought-out films that provoked and inspired us. In other words, our programs are inspired after we see your work.
Please send us your 25 min. or less piece on DVD or miniDV tape by mail. Contact us at email@example.com to obtain address info.
C + R is also accepting venue proposals for exhibitions for our European Tour. We are seeking venues overseas that are equipped for both Film and Video projection.
Submitting to The Cut and Run Film Festival
Thank you for your interest in submitting to Cut and Run. The call to submit work considered for the 2011 European Tour will end on Thursday, April 7th 2011. You may still submit work after the date, but it will be considered for a future program.
You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a mailing address.
You may either print this form with your information included or you may send your own written information. Please include the following information per submitted piece:
3. Year Completed
4. Country of Production
5. Desired Screening Format
6. Check or cash (at your own risk) for $10 USD for ONE film submitted. $15 USD for TWO or MORE films submitted. There is no limit to the number of films you can submit, and submissions fees will not exceed $15 USD.
Please include your contact information and note most correspondence will be done via e-mail.
Webpage (If applicable)
Please acknowledge the following, if your piece is selected:
1. For the 2011 European tour, we may need French, German, and Spanish subtitles for any film with dialog or text.
2. We will compile and distribute a limited edition of this Cut and Run program.
3. Artist will receive an artist’s payment of $50 to include their film in this program and on dvd, along with a Cut and Run t-shirt and other souvenirs from the festival.
4. Allowable screening formats vary depending on our venue host; Filmmakers will be notified of which options are available.