Are long gone the trends of the former modern chair classics? The Corb, Nelson, Barcelona, Wassily... is the allure lost, and a new rise of eclectic, ironic and re-invented / revamp-ed seating options taking place? With new manufacturing technologies, new-age versatile materials, partnered with the vibrant imaginations of the new school of industrial designers.. chairs, now take a bolder (sometimes almost sculptural art, rather than functional) place in the industrial arts.
5 NEW SEATING ESSENTIALS
1. 'SMOKE DINING CHAIR' by MOOOi, Designer Maarten Baas
(Ironically, this is a re-invention of a very traditional louis chair)
2. 'TANK CHAIR' by PHARRELL WILLIAMS
3. 'DISK CHAIR' by KARIM RASHID
4. 'MAGIC CHAIR' by PUUR, Designed by Dripta Roy
5. 'MADEMOISELLE' by KARTELL, Designed by Phillipe Starck